How to cleanse your crystals!
Cleansing your crystals
why do crystals need cleansing? Crystals hold the energetic charge of anyone and anything they've ever come in contact with. For this reason they need to be cleaned. Furthermore, the more you spend time respecting your crystals and cleansing them, the more useful they will be to you. They will gradually become more in tune with your energy and serve you better for it. The most important thing to remember is to keep your focus and intention clear: you are doing this ritual to cleanse the crystals energetic charge so that you can charge it yourself.
- Visualisation / meditation. Sit comfortably in a quiet room. Hold your crystal in your hand and close your eyes, allowing the silence and serenity to envelope you. Visualise your crystal (or crystals) in front of you. Picture a bright white light coming from above and pouring over the crystal, washing away any negative energy trapped inside the crystal. Do this until you intuitively know that your crystal is cleared.
- Smoke Cleansing. Smoke cleansing sticks can be made of many different herbs. Light it and wave it gently in the air, encouraging the smoke to spill over the crystals.
- Salt water. you can use salt water from the ocean or simply put salt in a bowl of water. Hold your crystals so that they are immersed in salt water. The salt water cleanses the energy from the stones. Be sure to clean your crystals using clean water afterwards. Some crystals can not be placed in water because they are too soft, or brittle. Water can cause some stones to fracture and break, or even dissolve! Be sure to look up your crystal and what cleansing is best for it.
- Running water. You can do this by holding your crystal under running tap water, holding them in a stream or pouring bottled water over them. It is important to keep your intention focused in your mind.
- Moonlight . This is the easiest method of cleansing, and safe for all crystals. Also, The full moon can act as a reminder for you that your crystals need cleansing. Simply wait for the full moon and place your crystals outside so that they are surrounded by the moons gentle energy. If you don't have an outdoor area that is safe for your crystals to be placed, a windowsill will work, too. It does not matter if your window does not face the moon. The moons energy will still be present. Then bring them back inside in the morning.
Charging your crystals
To charge your crystals you can place them on a piece of clear quartz or carnelian. The suns light can is also very energising. Simply place your crystals outside to be cleansed by the sunlight. Keep in mind that some stones, such as Amethyst, will fade over time from exposure to sunlight. You may also use the moonlight for stones with a more subtle energy, as the sun may be too intense. To use moonlight follow the same steps as above.